I attended to an old friend’s 70th birthday function at the weekend and Lauren Purdey, one of the younger guests, had created an amazing three tier sticky date birthday cake with a salted caramel sauce drizzled over it and topped with raspberries and figs. It looked and tasted sensational. What a fantastic flavour instead of the usual sponge, white or chocolate.
Then up popped on my facebook feed this sticky date cake with brown sugar cream cheese frosting at www.bhg.com.au. It’s also featured in the April issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- Cooking oil spray, to grease
- 250g dried pitted dates
- 250ml water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g butter, chopped, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 free-range eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 250g block cream cheese, chopped, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 100ml thickened cream
- Pistachios, to serve
- Butterscotch roasted pears, to serve
A great suggestion for Easter after eating all those chocolate eggs!!
#birthdaycake #stickydate #date #flavour #saltedcaramel #baking #bhgaus #becausewecan #thingswelove