Support the farmers has giving rise to the trending tag #SmashaStrawb after the needle scare sent shockwaves through the industry. From cakes to cocktails strawberry recipes are appearing everywhere.
Don’t stop eating strawberries, just cut them up first. Toss a few in your salad. Fresh strawberries add a burst of sweetness to Curtis Stone’s sensational lamb and spinach salad. taste.com.au and Coles team up to give you this BBQ lamb with spinach and strawberry salad recipe.
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated, juiced
- 8 Coles Australian Lamb Cutlets
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 250g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) Coles Dry Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 50g Coles Australian Fetta, crumbled
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat. In a food processor, blend mint, oil, lemon zest and 3 tablespoons lemon juice until mint is finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Coat lamb with 2 tbs dressing and marinate at room temperature while barbecue preheats. Reserve remaining dressing for serving.
- Cook lamb, rotating as needed, for 3 mins each side or until browned on both sides and internal temperature is 54C for medium-rare doneness. Rest.
- Arrange spinach over a platter. Top with strawberries, almonds, spring onion, avocado and fetta. Drizzle over reserved dressing. Serve with lamb.
#strawberries #cutthemup #salad #cooking #supportthefarmers #strawberryrecipes #SmashaStrawb, #becausewecan #thingswelove