Learn about the Tour de France, the world’s most-watched annual sporting event, with SBS coverage of the race bringing ‘Le Tour’ to lounge rooms Australia-wide. SBS Learn and ŠKODA are proud to announce a joint initiative that aims to give active families a platform for learning about healthy, active lifestyles through the lens of one of the premier sporting events in the world.
Get on your bike and pedal on down to St Kilda’s O’Donnell Gardens for some free family fun on Saturday 3 August from 10am-4pm thanks to SBS Learn, Cycling Central & ŠKODA!
Meet the voice of cycling for SBS, Matt Keenan, alongside Giro d’Italia stage-winner Dave McKenzie.
- Learn about what First Gear is and how schools can use the learning resources
- Write a good luck message on our Tour de France chalk path
- Participate in a ŠKODA cycling accessory activity
- Bring your bike into the mechanics for a tune up
- See the cars from the official Tour de France car providers
- Learn more about the ŠKODA Tour Tracker and this year’s Tour de France
- Bring your bikes to have fun in the kids mini courses
- Face painting sessions
- Bike decorating workshops
- Competitions and giveaways
- Meet Australian cycling legends
- Be part of a podium photo opportunity
- Make your own bike smoothies with pedal power
SBS Learn will create a new learning hub for schools, the First Gear initiative, to educate and encourage students to embrace the positive cycling lifestyle.
#SBSlearnandŠKODA #SBSlearn #SKODA #firstgear #freefamilycycleday #tourdefrance #SBS #getonyourbike #melbourne #stkilda #familyfun #becausewecan #thingswelove