The Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival welcomes in the Lunar New Year in 2020. The celebrations officially open at Queensbridge Square on 24th January with dazzling performances, exquisite clothing from an array of ancient dynasties, traditional Chinese cuisine, along with a fantastic light show performance and a slew of Chinese cultural activities available for all ages.
- Fri: 5pm – 12.30am – The Official Opening of the 2020 Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival
- Sat: 10am – 11pm – Queensbridge Lunar New Year’s Day
- Sun: 10am – 11pm – Queensbridge CNY Family Day
For 16 days the city erupts with colour and excitement as some of Melbourne’s most treasured landmarks host spectacular events.
- Queen Victoria Market: Queen Victoria Market Family Day, Saturday 25.01.20, Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm.
- Melbourne Museum: Chinese New Year at Melbourne Museum, Saturday 08.02.20 and Sunday 09.02.20, Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm.
- The District Docklands: Chinese New Year at Docklands including the The Dragon Boat Regatta at Victoria Harbour Promenade , Saturday 08.02.20 and Sunday 09.02.20, Time: 11:00am – 7:30pm.
Be sure to gather your friends and family and welcome in the year of the Rat!
For more details check out the program at www.cnymelbournefestival.com.au/programs/
Image: Chinese New Year Melbourne
#yearoftherat #melbourne #CNYmelbournefestival #chinesenewyearmelbournefestival #LunarNewYear2020 #celebrate #becausewecan#thingswelove