With households social distancing and in isolation Chelsea Flower Show 2020 has gone digital this year to bring you an exciting line-up of world-leading designers, plant experts and practical gardening advice – all from the comfort of your home.
The Queen and other Members of the Royal Family have shared images of some of their favourite plants or flowers at this time of year. Lily-of-the-valley is one of Her Majesty’s favourite flowers featuring in her coronation bouquet and has held special associations ever since. In the images provided, the (pictured flower is shown growing in the Buckingham Palace Garden) Click here to view their favourite flowers. https://www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/virtual-chelsea/royal-my-chelsea-garden
During Mental Health Awareness Week, the Royal Horticultural Society is encouraging people to include positive images of plants and beautiful gardens on their social media feeds, to help ease anxiety and provide a moment of respite in the current circumstances, using the hashtag #mychelseagarden.
Now this is exciting! Highlights of what’s happening this week at the world’s greatest flower show:
- Monday 18 May UK time– Members Day
Public days – Tuesday to Saturday – UK time
- Tuesday 19 May – Chelsea designers and experts show you their own spaces and talk about favourite plants and style tips
- Wednesday 20 May – Health and wellbeing benefits of gardening
- Thursday 21 May – Behind-the scenes garden tours with Chelsea designers and tips on growing your own flowers, fruit and vegetables.
- Friday 22 May- Wildlife and the environment.
- Saturday 23 May – Smaller space gardening
Catch up on all the details at www.rhs.org.uk/shows-events/rhs-chelsea-flower-show